Call me a sucker for anything sweet. These easy and delicious almond meal cookies are exactly what you need to satisfy your sweet tooth.
You can even eat them for breakfast if you like and there is zero judgment for doing so! I would even recommend doubling this recipe because they are that delicious.
These are as easy as can be to make – 10 minutes prep – 10 minutes to bake, who doesn’t have that kind of time? They will yield you about 12 cookies.
- 1 1/4 cups almond meal
- 1/4 cup chopped dark chocolate or a bit more if you like extra chocolatey (you can also use regular chocolate, if you prefer)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, plus extra for sprinkling on top
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, stir together almond meal, dark chocolate chips, coconut, baking powder, and sea salt.
- In another bowl, beat egg until it increases in volume.
- Whisk in the coconut oil, vanilla, and honey.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Form dough into about 1 inch balls and place on baking sheet with about 1 inch in between each cookie. Press down slightly on the cookies to flatten them. Add sea salt to the tops.
- Bake until the outsides begin to brown, 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool before serving.
If you make any of my recipes, be sure and tag me @forglutensake on Instagram so I can easily see your creations 🙂