Raise your hands if you never tire of all things PUMPKIN? Me, meeeeee!
I love the fall. The changing of the leaves, the changing of the seasons. There is something magical about letting the old die away and waiting for the new to blossom. Although fall has passed, I love allowing all things pumpkin to linger in my life. Winter is most definitely upon us in Korea and I was ecstatic to finally find some of my favorite ingredients needed to make some grain free pumpkin chocolate chip bars.
These bars, muffins, cake, however you want to make them are loaded with the flavors of Fall. They are grain free and some of my absolute favorites! I’m always amazed how almond butter can create something so light and fluffy, but it does every time! I am seriously in love with these bad boys!
- 1 cup almond butter (store bought or homemade). I used Barney Butter for this batch.
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup chocolate chips, depending on how chocolatey you like them!
- Preheat your oven to 350F, about 175C and grease your pan, muffin tins, or line with standard muffin tins
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except the chocolate chips and mix until the batter is smooth. After the batter is mixed together, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Evenly distribute the batter into the muffins or into your pan about 2/3 full. I used shallow squares, somewhat like muffin tins and the recipe made 10. But with normal muffin tins, you should get 12.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the centers are firm and lightly browned on the outside.
- Allow to cool in your pan for about 20 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- Eat at least one while the chocolate is all melty!
- Store in a sealed container or freeze them (if you don’t eat them all first!)